12.1.16

New Beginnings | 2016!

I'm not ready to be alive this year, folks. It's been one of those eating-out-of-the-pantry-for-weeks and broken vacuum months. blah.

Vacuums.
Actually, the broken vacuum was from my hair. My invisible hair that covers every inch of carpet. *I* was worried about the *dog* shedding everywhere, and here's the vacuum cleaner clogged with the extra wig I grew (just in case, I guess.) Ugh. After cleaning that out, I can't possibly see how I still had any on my head!

I'd been bugging Aidan for his reluctant agreement on letting me chop that nasty specimen off my head. I mean, sleeping, sitting, showering and anything else (puppy training!) was always hindered by my rats tail getting into everything. Gross. And ouch.

Hair
It's chopped liver now. I'm absolutely loving my fresh new cut the Walmart salon gave me. *bliss*

Weddings
BTW, my sister is like totally getting married and I'm supposed to be working on her wedding invitations. I did find the perfect blouse for the bridesmaid ensemble!! It was definitely worth the $22 instead of *trying* to dye neon yellow fabric and making my own. *headache* (THANK YOU FOREVER21!)
I'm taking on new piano students this year, and now I have a piano on loan! The schedules are finally coming together, I finally deep-cleaned my sheet music...but my favorite part is being able to go to the piano and pound out whatever my heart desires whenever my heart desires. Sorry downstairs neighbors. :)
Pianos. IN LOVE. IN LOVE. IN LOVE.

Oh. I am in love, too, of course. 2016 has been a crabby year for me so far. I'm so thankful that I have a hubs who still kisses away my crabbiness after working all day long. I can't even put up with myself most times, so he's my hero for cheerfully doing the dishes while I'm throwing a pity party with the leftovers. He's the buy-me-cheetos-on-girl-emotional-days and go-color-your-hair-and-spend-money type of guy. :) Like I said, I'm in love. With cheetos. 

Now that the dog is slightly potty trained (and he's MUCH bigger than that old picture.oh.my.word.), I hope to keep up with my craziness. Apologies for being so vague and silent lately. I barely have the inspiration to make supper sometimes. #wifeychores #ugh #Cheesyrigatoni

17 comments:

  1. I looove your haircut! It's so cute. I recently cut my own long locks and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Emily - It's just like FREEDOM! I love how beautiful long hair is, but after *forever* - I'm thrilled I don't have to sit on it anymore or slam it in car doors. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my word BETHANY! You look so smokin' hawt ;) Your hair looks so beautiful! I loved it long too but change is good! Your updates are the best :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Rosi - I got your desperate comment yesterday. I'm glad to know I'm loved!!! And THANK YOU! Aidan says it makes me look fifteen. ;)

      Delete
    2. No it doesn't. ;P It makes you look older.

      Delete
    3. Smokin' hawt is right! It definitely makes you look more mature while still maintaining youthfulness! I ADORE IT. SO MUCH. Also, I adore you, and this post made me laugh out loud after several hours of writing my thesis. I hope Sven and the leftovers will let you write more blog updates, because I so look forward to them when I'm away from home!

      Delete
    4. I agree!!! although it is the most *adorable* hair cut ever, I think it makes you look older :P ~~~Hannah

      Delete
  3. You hair is gorgeous in both forms. But yay for change! Also adorable puppies and weddings and pianos (music gives me life).

    And your new (ish??) design is gorgeous. I'm nerding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I LOVE your new design -- such a fan of the doodles! (I admire bloggers who doodle.) I read through your new "about me" and all your other tabs too, and I just love how your writing is hilarious, fresh, and unabashedly non-perfectionist. I wish I felt the same freedom as you to experiment and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Bailey - Haha. I just hide behind my confident un-perfectionism because I stink at grammar and stuff. :D

      Delete
  5. BABE IT'S SO CUTE

    EVERYTHING

    THE BLOG

    THE HAIR

    THE PUP

    UGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww your hair is cute both ways. Agreed you look older now! Congrats to your sister! (are you the oldest??) So fun watching your little posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ruth - I'm actually the second oldest sister. :) Bailey is graduating college and getting hitched the next day!!!

      Delete
  7. Your hair!! I love it! Or the lack of it. ;) You look cute and sophisticated at once. I just chopped all mine off into a pixiecut but have yet to share photos with the world. I've just surprised my friends and family by making them think I'm a different person. and the dog. soo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!