24.4.15

How Bout Them Senior Portrait Fails | Technically Selfies

This post is for the Bailey of mine.
 
Confession time: I have a phobia / major dislike of people taking pictures of me. Solution? Tripods and self-timers. BTW: These were taken while burning up in a fever. And here I was thinking my headache was just from running back and forth to turn on the self-timer!

Without further incessant babbling:

 This reminds me of Lizzie Bordon for some unexplainable reason. No, I don't have an ax nearby.

(Random: THIS is how you properly focus a camera on self-timer. You're welcome.)

Guys, I'm loving photoshop and hating this pose (I just had to try it!) Can you see the tripod I managed to edit out? What even. The original was 100% Potato Creek Johnny (that's Bergmann for: really hideously overexposed and weird.)

See what I'm saying there?

I tried to not bust out laughing. I'm so hilarious though. *sheepish grin* 

 Stop to smell the dead roses. 
(I'm sorry. . .I was bruised as a baby. . .)

 I'm telling you - focusing a camera is hard. And boring!

Right. Of course. Senior portrait of being completely sick in bed with wet hair afterwards. #ThisIsWhatRealLifeBethanyLooksLike

I'll end this post by taking note of my African canvas shoes that I snagged at Maurices for $5. They literally match nothing. It's great! My dear friend Lydia informed me that they match a couch her family used to own.

11 comments:

  1. THESE ARE PERFECT. You pulled off the "dramatically lying on the floor" look like a pro. Didn't even notice the tripod. I lovelovelove these. And your outfit. And your shoes. And you. <3 <3 <3 Pretty sure Erich's going to have to look through all of these with me while I squeal over you again. Oh, and my friend Bethany also thinks you're absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! These photos are awesome! I don't like it when people take pictures of me either (which is sort of ironic since I'm an amateur portrait photographer ;)). I'll probably be playin' around with my tripod soon so I can have some pictures of myself.
    I love the black and white photos you took! You did an amazing job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. BETHANY!!!!!!! Can you please come and take my senior pictures next year????? These are amazing, and you're so beautiful :) The photo with you on the ground is my favorite :) I couldn't see the tripod either.... but wait, you took all these by yourself? That is crazily unbelievable :D Oh no!!!! Are you seriously sick? Like right now? TODAY? Or were these pictures taken a while ago? Because you can't be sick today!!! We still have two more performances! Hannah P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Hannah - Fear not! This was an ancient post in my archives that I was never going to publish until my sister asked me to. :)

      Delete
  4. the third shot. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are awesome. And so are you. And talented. And pretty. And i'm a little jealous of your hair. Just a little.
    -love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Marieanne - you're so sweet! :)

      Delete
  6. i. love. these. so. much. you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bethany, you're beautifully amazing and amazingly beautiful!

    Your face on the "dead roses" pic!

    It wasn't my Lydia, was it? Because I think I'd remember that couch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bethany, you're so pretty! :)

    Fifth from the bottom was my favorite.... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! These are absolutely beautiful! You are so beautiful and I love how you style your hair!!! You use a curling wand right?

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!