17.1.15

Lindsey & Jacob | Wedding Invites!

It's weird how people fall in love.
It's just like kaboom! And it happens.
My sisters and I ran around the house screaming when we heard that Lindsey was tying the knot to a waltz-loving young man who proposed on an innocent date in McDonalds.

Miss Lindsey and I talked about her wedding for (at least!) twenty-four hours during my candy-shop training. The last day, she informed me she was looking for someone to design her wedding invites last minute.
Um.
Duh.
Hello.
That's totally me!

Now, I'm just a fiddler around with graphic design - and I certainly don't have a portfolio stuffed full of wedding invitations (this is coming from me, who's only been to two weddings in my entire existence. and frankly, I don't remember them.)

Needless to say, I was a little daunted at the task of ceremony invitations, receptions, registries, reply cards and the like. Eep! What size? How to format it?

Lindsey and Jacob's theme was story + regency + elegant. Along with the colors blue and pink. It was a little tricky at first, but after a good three hours scouring the internet for inspiration, I felt a spark of confidence. I must say, for being stuck with my primitive resources of Microsoft Word + Gimp - I think they turned out pretty nicely!

I finally saw the professionally printed invites after Lindsey hand-delivered my invitation to the front door.
But personally, I think the best part was the other name on the envelope. Even if it was spelled wrong.*sheepish grin* (okay, okay..I'm cutting out the sappiness now)

I had so much fun designing the invitations! Now I'll just have to sit back tight and wait for the wedding.
(That's right folks, I barely escaped dress alterations for my sister's bridesmaid dress. That would've been a nightmare. We had a memorable scarred-for-life experience looking for corsets on the internet, though. Little tip: just don't even go there.)

10 comments:

  1. These turned out AMAZING. The little touches Lindsey added made them perfect! (Is this like for reals happening? Best friends getting marriaged? Little best sisters launching a wedding invitation portfolio? WHAT.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bethany! You did an AMAZING job!!!! Can I hire you to make my wedding invitations :P
    Hannah P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Hannah - You're getting married?!? Wait. Oh. Okay. =) *sheepish grin*

      Delete
    2. Well..... eventually, I guess :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to Lindsey - and awesome job on those invites, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those invitations look like Anne of Green Gables with some Beatrix Potter thrown in. Gorgeous. And yeah, I have had several scarred-for-life-oh-please-do-not-misunderstand-this-history-wrongly-typed-web-address incidents. I am so glad it isn't only me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you designed the invites... Good job!! :D
    They are just awesome together... It's not even funny!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. The invitations are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. um you did an amazing job. and your names together are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so lovely! You are such a talented girl. :) And how wonderful that you can use your gifts to bless others.

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!