9.11.14

Snowflakes on Sunday

{ THE BEST FACE OF DANIEL. EVER. RECORDED. }

The second time Dad walked into my room with the ill tidings of "get up", I resolved that life had nothing left to give and I might as well die under my covers . . . until I flung open the shades and drank in all the yummy snow just floating across the barren backyard. "Beautiful," I croaked to my still-asleep-un-interested-sisters.
It snowed the whole ride to church.
It made my coffee taste better.
And it tempted the entire congregation to have a snowball fight after church.
(unfortunately, the late morning sun took care of that temptation)

I also had the opportunity to teach my mom's Sunday school class. Naturally, since we had five minutes extra, we made snowflakes before the bell rang.
(It's not irreverent, I promise. But it still didn't really tie into Nebuchadnezzar's dream. . .)
The pastor's son excitedly told me how he'd give his snowflake to his mom ("she'd just love it," he said)  I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. And I forgave him for drawing a monster on the chalkboard before class.
//

6 comments:

  1. "It made my coffee taste better." - So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a beautiful morning. :) This is Micayla by the way :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures! Do you like snow that much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of now? No. Because it means I'm stuck inside. As of Sunday, yes, because it was pretty. ;)

      Delete
  4. Snow makes everything better. One of my favorite things is to see snow falling in the morning when I get up. It's just so much easier to be happy in cold weather when there's snow on the ground!

    And Daniel's face made me laugh out loud! Heehee! And he's getting so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel's face is so great--especially in contrast with Caroline's.

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!