20.10.14

this may or may not be the silliest thing I've ever posted | the color yellow

 My mom dislikes the mustache fad. I don't particularly see what's so amazing about them (the mustaches) either - except that they're probably one of the easiest things to doodle (similar to the fake birds flying off in the horizon, you know. . .)

But I found this leaf. And it was just gorgeous. And I said to myself,
This looks like a mustache. Let me try it on for size.
"I love fall."
(that sentence seemed more. . .sophisticated and life-style blogger)

RANDOM SIDE NOTE: i also just love days where I wake up and do nothing to my hair. i feel so lazy. but those days are the best because that usually means I can be introverted.

I got a little suspicious about this special-leaf-of-gorgeousness. . .

And then I realized there were a million on the ground.
Oh. My. Okay. Yeah. Well. This is awkward. Okay. YES, to answer the obvious question concerning my frumpiness:
I really do wear moccasins + fuzzy socks + tights.
Don't they match perfectly?

On the sappy side, once upon a time on this really, really dreary day. . .
I was sick and depressed because I hadn't seen the Aidan Boy (thank you siblings for such a nickname) in a while.
After a series of weird events:
(mom: "show me some of your piano skills. . .let's stay in the basement. . ." Caroline: *jaw drops*)
I turn around and there is Aidan Boy with yellow flowers and the idea to go visit the new coffee shop down the road.
Way to satisfy my romance + coffee love in one blow.
(Due to my influence, the poor Aidan Boy is way too familiar with Disney songs. He kept telling me, "I gave you yellow flowers for the gray sky. . ." And I was like, "that's nice." The next day, while singing "That's How you Know" from Enchanted, I got to the part about "yellow flowers when the skies are gray" and had a light-bulb moment. I was like - DUDE, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST MADE A DISNEY SONG COME TRUE THAT WAS LIKE UNNECESSARILY WAY TOO SWEET SO PLEASE JUST STOP BEING AMAZING WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE THAT BEFORE AND IT'S JUST LIKE A FAIRY TALE AND AM I LAUGHING OUT LOUD? I AM. MY STARS. Okay. I'm done talking all this gushy-sappy-stuff. I promise.)

Hi, my name is Bethany and I'm normal hopeless romantic who takes stupid pictures with yellow leaves. Nice to meet you.
That's How You Know by Amy Adams on Grooveshark

11 comments:

  1. ...and all I can say is "awwwwww!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT QUOTE WITH THE FLOWERS THOUGH. That is the cutest thing ever in the history of ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I didn't think people actually were so sweet in real life. :D

      Delete
  3. Yeah, pretty much what Emily said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely :) Did you happen to get a new lens? The clarity in these is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. . .I actually think these were on the automatic mode of the camera. ;) Just my lucky day I guess - clear photos!!

      Delete
  5. You make me so happy! I feel such a funny giddiness when I read your blog. It is just so wonderfully painful. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderfully painful. . .yet it makes you happy. Got it.
      That's the most tragic thing I've ever heard.
      *SOBS*

      Delete
  6. It's a good kind of pain. You know the feeling I think. It's not REALLY pain. But it's a feeling that feels so good that I almost have a heart attack. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so cute ! don't you just love when guys will take the time to be extra cute, all for you, ah my romantic side is satisfied enough for today. Chivalry most certainly isn't dead.
    blessings ~ Rachel Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh, this is so adorable!!!!!!

    Annnd, I hope you don't mind me, this complete stranger, late at night commenting on a sort-of old post. (I found your blog when I was reading your sister's blog, which I happened on. I've really enjoyed reading (both of) your posts, as I'm also a homeschooled teenage Christian who has a ton of siblings.)

    I'm not usually this random, but I guess your post inspired something of that in me. :)

    (And it sounded more original the first time I wrote it, before my first comment was lost in the interwebs.)

    ::ahem::

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!