30.9.14

the problem with having one last year of school

I never disliked school. It had always been a wonderful experience if you minus all the tortures of Apologia Science and Bob Jones Spanish I.
(anybody else try the anatomy course!?!?)

However, finding myself with one more year of school for the last time in forever, it just seems to drag.
and drag.
and drag.

I think this is the tenth time I've read about WWI. And while I didn't exactly get the full scoop about Woodrow Wilson's ridiculous foreign policy (!!) a few years back, it's still not very. . .enlightening.
Sometimes I just groan about the stupidity of our world. 
Yes, everyone needs to know about WWI, but no one needs to memorize all the terms that come with it when you're just going to forget them the week after.
I shouldn't complain. History is interesting. Usually. I just don't like watching how progressivism totally poisoned America one Liberty Garden at a time. Don't even get me started about the draft. Or the Espionage and Sedition Acts. Like, what?!? And reading speeches about idealistic American neutrality during the World Wars is just draining to the soul. etc. etc. etc.

Compared to my crazy junior year, which consisted of piano accompanying, musicals, more piano accompanying, and more piano accompanying, and school - I have it pretty easy this year. I just sit and read Mansfield Park all morning (REALLY! When is that Edmund Bertram going to realize what a horrid match Miss Mary Crawford is. . .and what was the deal about the family theatrics? And since when is Fanny Price opinionated?) and then read more books about finance, and do 1,000 essay analysis from power posing to why nurses need mandatory flu shots. I almost feel at a loss without grappling with three hours of math (hallelujah, amen and thank heavens. I scored a 20 on ACT math)

I like school. sometimes.
but.
Now that I'm so close to finishing it - I'm just ready to throw in the towel and be gone with it.
Upon receiving my ACT results the other day, I wearily groaned to mom,
"okaaay, I'm done. Did I pass?"

10 comments:

  1. Apologia biology type courses are awesome, I am looking forward to the anatomy one. But math and Jane Austen are totally painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, this was me too... I was "going to do my senior year right"... and, yeah. I just wanted to be DONE already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way last year. Just wanted to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to all this. and I need to re-take the ACT. blah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not alone. This was me last year. Although Mansfield Park is pretty great. But seriously, Edmund is stupid and thickheaded. Although sometimes Fanny is so quiet that I forget she's there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bethany, are you getting a case of Senioritis?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, I can not stand that woman who always picks at Fanny. And Mariah and Mr. Crawford make me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's me this year; only I'm a junior, and already I just want to be DONE.
    History... yup, it's interesting, but I'm terrible at remembering names and years :( Not a good thing when trying to pass a history test...
    =) Hannah P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! Oh Bethany, one day we will be little old ladies talking over a cup of tea. We will reminisce back to the days when we were Soccer Sisters and Jedi Masters!! :D People will think we are nuts, but that is half the fun!! <3 HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I like school. sometimes.
    but.
    Now that I'm so close to finishing it - I'm just ready to throw in the towel and be gone with it."

    YES!

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!