5.9.14

Texan Shopping + Pest Control | VLOG / PHOTOS / EPIC TALES

{ HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SHAKES }
{ MY UNCLE AND I DURING MY "INITIATION" TO LAMESA'S GROCERY STORES }
{ PANCAKE SUPPER!! }
{ BANANA + APPLE MUFFINS }
Grandmama had just graduated home-health-care and was walking down steps with ease. We both grabbed the chance for fresh air, sunshine, and fake flowers. Yes. I potted fake autumn flowers. Try getting a nice potted plant to grow in West Texas! Haha! What a joke!

Anyway. We got a little too carried away once we found a super adorable, Fall wreath. Of course, we just had to be all 'Better Homes and Gardens', so we enthusiastically proceeded to hang up that super adorable wreath. . .
And then we bumped into the "innocent" bird-feeder hanging on the porch.

Let World War Wasp ensue.
 I was yelping about the wasps, trying to cover Grandmama (her walker got stuck!) and myself at the same time. By the time we both got in the house, the door jammed open, wasps were flying everywhere, and we were both clutching our battle wounds and banging that ornery screen door.

(I was fuming in righteous anger that some wasp had the nerve to sting my poor Grandmama. I immediately demanded RAID. People. She keeps it in her bedside drawer! For wasps [of course] and intruders. Don't mess with my Grandmama!!)

If you're wondering how I use RAID. . .
VIA
Little side note here: my Grandmama's house is the most bug-free place imaginable. No ants. Usually no wasps. No nothing. (There was the time we killed a few scorpions sunning in the living room, but she's got that under control.)

Well.
That night.
I was tired.
All I wanted was some chapstick.
What more can you possibly ask for?
All the lights are off. I'm already scared of sleeping in the big living room by myself. (I've half a mind to carry the loaded handgun [yes, loaded handgun!] with me whenever I get up. Obviously I can't, because my Grandmama needs it after she uses the RAID. ^_^)
Anyway.
Get the picture. I'm a wimp and very paranoid.
But not tonight.
I wasn't thinking or worrying. I was just going to get my chapstick and have sweet dreams.
So, I WALKED TO THE BATHROOM
TURNED ON THE LIGHT. . .

Wow. Yes, I scream like a little girl.
Or bloody murder - whichever description you prefer.
This leaf (yes, I was tired!!) was running at me. My first reaction was, "a running leaf?"
Second reaction:
"OH MY GOODNESS!!! IT'S A MOUSE!!"
Commence screaming, hyperventilating, and cardiac arrest.

It's still running loose as I speak. Grandmama got up and immediately began plotting its removal, all the while trying to calm me down (she got a good laugh!)
But this is me:
Walks into the bathroom - walks on the bathtub lip to check and make sure there are NO MICE hiding. Only then is the floor safe. maybe.
  
P.S. Here's how I spend my afternoons. . .

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like me and my grandma! Lol Love your vlogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahah! Bethany! You're hilarious. Never a dull moment there in that little West Texas town. What happened to the mouse? Did you shoot it or Raid it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Bethany. I miss you. Your Grandmama sounds like one tough cookie!

    And I love pancake suppers. Whenever we have breakfast stuff for dinner, we call it "Brinner". Feel free to use that. ;)

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany you are so funny! But reading about ...scorpians...really "made my day". Now I'm getting creepy crawlly feelings every time I walk into my living room. =D =D Love reading about what you are doing! Love ~Marie K~ P.S. I do the same thing with spiders as you do with mice... =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not alone Marie, that us my mom except 10x worse(spiders I'm talking about, not mice)

      Delete
  5. So funny! --Whatever happened to the mouse? ;)

    Never a dull moment. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Kara - Well. The next day, I got the exciting experience of setting mouse traps. The whole night I was just waiting to hear a horrific snap and I would just SCREAM MY HEAD OFF!! *shudder*
      So far. No mice. I might've scared it off when I screamed the first time. :)

      Delete
  6. You never fail to make me laugh. and I wanna chocolate shake now.

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!