29.7.14

yes, I actually exist

VIA NGYC
VIA NGYC
Yes. I was proud of my last-minute military bunting
Life = Operation Sword & Shield VBS, camp counseling @ Northern Grace Youth Camp, family vacations down to Texas, ACT prep, hair cut appointments and lots of random inbetween awesomness that no one really cares about.

I learned:
  • Camp counseling since 6:30 a.m. (groggy from worrying that campers will wake you up to use the restroom) and then coming home and packing until 4:10 a.m. the next day, only to leave at 5:30 on an epic road trip = one hilariously tired Bethany who falls face first into a pile of laundry and sobs. (pardon my run-on sentence)
  • Ghetto hotels = scariness and three state patrol cars. 
  • Trespassing to take a photoshoot with cousins = you can legally be shot as a trespasser and copperhead snakes do exist
  • Diving off diving boards = ouch
  • If a camper twists her ankle, crutches are the only answer. Even if it seems nicer to spend an hour dragging them around with your co-counselor.
  • Weird VBS tents taped to the ceiling do fall down
  • Counselor night off = walking all over camp trying to find the one spot that has cell phone service
  • My extended family is very competitive. Especially when it comes to "Minute-to-Win-It" marathons
  • Eggs + cheese + leftover salad = a surprisingly yummy...breakfast.
  • Don't feed stray cats. =)

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. It is always really cool to be able to take peeks into what it was like during your trips. :)

    I missed you painfully bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're eggs look delicious!!!! I've done onions, cheddar cheese, and broccoli, but never salad... I should try that sometime :) Hannah Piotraschke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness!! (An email reply is in the works!)

    <3 Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!