20.3.14

those ridiculous things / puffed sleeves

/ THE FACE OF THE HAGGARD SEAMSTRESS: THE INTENSITY OF ADJUSTING PINS /
 45 Broadway songs later. . .I was still sewing one puffed sleeve. In real life, I dislike puffed sleeves of any shape or size. But as I sewed, I had to imagine that if I really were Anne Shirley, the puffier the better!

Before you sew your own puffed sleeves, the following may apply:
  • Make sure you have enough fabric. This is important
  • Be prepared to sew by hand. Edwardian patterns aren't meant for sewing machines.
  • Give yourself an hour to model your sleeves. It's hilariously fun to parade around in puffed sleeves.
  • Get into the puffed sleeves mood. This requires listening to Cinderella, Enchanted, My Fair Lady, Frozen, and the like.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your fortitude, as I never had much patience for sewing myself. Broadway playlists are the only way to get through a strenuous task, though! I look forward to seeing the finished sleeves in all their puffed glory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...poor thing. Well, if anyone can do it, it's you!

    It's looking puffily impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!