11.10.13

and then I nearly ran into the sheriff.


“Or, the sheriff nearly ran into you,” remarked a sympathetic friend. Oh, I wish. Maybe I wouldn’t look guilty…minus the rather important fact that I was driving in the opposite lane. As I approached that wretched combine flashing its lights, I moaned that sometimes I hate living in Wisconsin, and that’s why. Passing cars is hard enough. Passing huge tractors is harder. Passing a huge tractor in a twelve passenger van that doesn’t accelerate is even harder; especially when the sheriff is driving 55 mph towards you.

Awkward.

But, we survived and made it home – and I called it quits and read The Phantom of the Opera; which is actually a really good book, if you want a book akin to Dracula or Frankenstein to read.
Pre-calculus, my nemesis in life, introduced me to logs. The only problem is that I still have no idea what they are – and solving equations when you don’t know what you’re doing isn’t particularly a great solution. I mean, you only have about 0.05% chance of plugging in the right numbers in the right order. I think it makes an excellent point against evolution. If a smart human brain like me can’t randomly fight the right numbers in the right order, a jumbled mess of chemicals couldn’t string together one protein with the right amino acids either; so there.

3 comments:

  1. lol:)

    I hate awkward driving moments. When I first started, I almost (accidentally) ran a red light right in front of a police car.

    Makes you feel SO smart, right?

    *sigh* We can feel ridiculous together, at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness logs...I don't think there is a rhyme or reason...you just hit log or e and say your prayers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Heidi - a fellow sufferer of pre-cal! But yes, I think that about sums up my math abilities. Pressing random buttons on the calculator. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!