4.4.13

when you can no longer talk, you blog

Pinned Image
V I A
Dentists are scary. But after going for the third time in two months, I was pretty confident...until both dentists pulled on safety goggles, and told me to shut my eyes just in case metal flew into them.

Reassuring. Really.

And once again, I ask myself why all the random medical problems happen to me??

If my mouth doesn't fall off in two hours from the sharp edge of the weird-metal-contraption-that-I-have-no-idea-what-to-call, I shall waltz in the dentist office with the utmost lack-of-confidence.

Wish me all the greatest luck in the world. Since it doesn't exist. ;)

p.s. despite the morbidity of the post - don't worry about me. I love dramatizing drama. It makes it so much more dramatic - don't you think?

9 comments:

  1. Seriously. Eating once-a-year-opportunity key-lime pie with a sore mouth ruins the slice completely, if you want my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds dreadful. :) Hope everything goes well with the...whatever-the-thing-you-don't-know-what-to-call-is. ;)

    So is the contraption like spacers?

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeah.

    *sheepish grin*

    Actually I don't really know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Braces?

    "random medical problems" Sounds just like my sister. :) Do you have a small mouth? Because that can make things oh-so-much-more complicated. Ugh. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Shudders*

    All I can say is that I'll be praying for you..

    *More Shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha, ha! Just a warning for if you ever have to get braces. I literally could not chew for over a week. I guess you learn how to swallow things in chunks.:)

    Things are all good now I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel ! I just got my braces tightened yesterday...but, I did get to change my colors ! They're pink and lime green--you just got to look on the sunny side of things :)

    But on a more serious note, I truly hope your mouth starts to feel better---because you're are completely right about key lime pie and how the taste is ruined by the contraptions. Ha,Ha ! Love you...

    Get well soon !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Bekah -- yes! That's exactly what I mean. :) According to my dentist, he told me that if there's ever tongue Olympics - that's a sport I could get involved in. :) I guess it's soup for the rest of my life.

    @ Sarah - *sniffles* I don't get any colors...but maybe I can take care of that...ha,ha... never-mind - just kidding, that might not be such a great idea. :)

    @ all - thanks for your sympathy, I really needed it. :D By now, I've mastered the art of swallowing and it's not so bad any more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel Bethany I had my wisdom teeth pull out and i couldn't close my mouth

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!