19.9.11

a verse

I sat with my bible spread across my lap. My yellow blanket was piled around me. I sat.

I sat some more.

And more.

I sighed. I had a small hope I would find something to get me going that I hadn't found for a month. My electrical taped together bible seemed to hold no answers, but emptiness. But there was hope.

Rule of thumb, most people say, is to pray before you read. It sounded like a good idea. I just didn't know how to start. This particular time, I was very reluctant to go into the presence of God my Father. Because He knew. He knew every thought that I had thought. It hurts to think that.

I cleared my throat and hugged my knees.

Well...I croaked...I don't know where to start.

I looked at my bible and fingered the pages.

Where do I start? Where do I start finding what I need?

It was a simple answer, and it came back before I even finished. Start at the beginning.

Novel idea. I flipped to where I had left off from my school reading in Genesis. And this is where my posts ends.I can't describe what I found.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

2 comments:

  1. Ah...the Bible is filled with so many wonderful truths...and encouraging verses/chapters. Working on the Bible Bee has showed me that so many times over again. Here's a few of my favorites...
    1 Samuel 12:24
    Psalm 118:1
    Psalm 119:97
    Joel 2:12-13
    Isaiah 41:10
    Romans 8:35-39

    ...and believe me, that's only a *few* of my many, many favorites. I could list more; but this would then truly be the longest comment ever made in the blogging world :)

    "The Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword..." -Hebrews 4:12

    Many hugs and blessings to you, dear Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God knows all about our problems, and is in control. Isn't He wonderful?

    It's amazing, when those things happen...

    *hugs*

    Nice to see you today, at Biology.

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!