12.8.11

complete

I sat on my bed. It was nighttime. I was exhausted and cold. I (thankfully) had my big yellow scrappy quilt bundled around me. I hugged it tighter.

It was one of those empty nights. I had slept in late, missed my devotion time with the Lord, and had a rather terrible start off.

Now it was night. The night wasn't any better. I felt empty.

Lord, I thought, why can't being a Christian be so easy? Why can't my entire all be completely for you? Why is it so easy to get distracted with useless gloop?

I love to whisper the lyrics of Jesus, Hold my Hand at night. I whisper it to Him (and myself) and slowly fall asleep. When all seems lost, when I glance hopelessly in the mirror and see a unfaithful hypocrite staring back, I tend to think it's all for loss.

But we never let Jesus down, because we never held Him up.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog that you have here, Bethany! I have enjoyed reading your posts.

    Also, thank you for the comment on my blog! I can't wait to receive your letter...I'm sorry it took me so long to write you...

    Your devoted friend,
    Bethany

    P.S. I'll be sure to check back often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was sorta an online journal, for myself personally to go back and read and see how God as been working...but I kept it open to the public, incase anyone might be encouraged by the same trials they might be going through!

    It certainly isn't an official blog, and I don't plain and blogging a lot...just a quiet little blog... :)

    I'm glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is very nice, Bethany! :)

    So encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

Considering commenting? Don't be shy - I'd love to hear from you!